Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I'm 3 days into my 30's.

It's sort of hard to believe.

Over the last few weeks, I've been replaying my 20's in my heads, like a film reel of my greatest hits. This leap into a new decade has been punctuated by the fact that my little brother turned 21 last week. I remember myself at his age and how different my life was at 21. I was three years into a relationship with someone who I saw myself marrying.That obviously did not end up happening. I had only recently returned from my first time traveling outside North America -- clearly, I've done a bit more of that over the past decade. And I was still daydreaming about moving to the West Coast after graduating college. Instead, I've spent most of my 20's in New York City. 

Lessons to be learned here? I guess I'll resort to the cliche that everything happens exactly the way it's suposed to happen. All the major desicions I've made in my life seem almost like a series of accidents and half-baked schemes rather than well-thought out plans.

So now here I am, starting out on another decade. I've got plans. I've got some schemes and some dreams. Let's see what happens next....

No comments: